Tuesday 23 August 2016

I CAN'T LET MY MEDAL OUT OF MY SIGHT- MIKEL OBI



Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi is euphoric to have gotten a medal to show for the Dream Team’s efforts at the Rio Olympics, so much so he practically had to sleep with his medal beside him after the game.

In his Olympic Diary on the London Evening Standard, he stated thus: “When I woke up in my hotel room on Sunday morning, I opened my eyes to see my Olympic bronze medal lying there beside me. It just hammered. I was obviously very clear before travelling to Brazil that my target was the gold medal. But to get the bronze is still an amazing achievement. It was great to have something to show for it and we all thanked each other. I went to sleep with my medal beside me; I couldn’t and didn’t want to let it out of my sight.”
Meanwhile, Mikel returned to Chelsea to loads of commendation from his team-mates and has been granted a three games leave by manager Antonio Conte.

No comments:

Post a Comment