Tuesday 20 June 2017

THE RELATIONSHIP DIARY 01



MY FIRST, HIS LOSS                     
“Your loss not mine”, I found myself saying at impulse before I started replaying in my head...this boy thinks he is something sha! I met Kunle during one short ASUU strike like that and to be honest, he is fabulous, though I only thought of him as a sweet distraction. And here he is after, I don’t even know how many months, telling me he does not feel chemistry between us and he is ready for a wedding am not prepared for. Gosh!
I was about telling him that I don’t even feel civic education but just decided to indulge in my snails and laugh him off instead. Come to think of it, even the one time kiss isn’t something I wish to happen again so what’s the stress. I don’t have plans to settle abroad, so in the first instance I don’t fit anyway in his future. Anyways, I finished my treat and asked him to take me home. At least after that heart wrenching third business meeting, iya tife's ikokore calls jare. Back in his ride I was thinking, why did I even date Kunle?  Hmmn! fine bobo, plus if u feel u don’t have something to do with your life, come and have a 20 minute talk with him; he is a dream chaser, the realist.  
“Shey you will get bike here?” I heard him ask me.
“So we have gotten to Ijebu Igbo?” I replied. “Well, just follow that route. You will have to drop me at home”, I muttered. “I don’t have strength to argue with a bike man today.”
What he said next got me confused. “Are you not going to say anything to all I have said?”
Chai! This guy won’t just let sleeping dogs lie. What does he want to hear now? That out of all my boyfriends, I never thought of him more than a random guy I chat with when I need some company? Who exactly does he thinks he is to expect me to begging him? I just kept mum and continued giving him directions to my house.
“Aunty tife talo drop yin (who dropped you)” was what my sister welcomed me with and I was like talojo (who does it resemble), go and bring food for me jare!
“I know d person o” she said while laying my food on the table, isn’t it brother Kunle?
Gosh! This girl knows too much I thought as she continued her endless questions. “Ewo tuni Kunle ti e nso (who is this Kunle you are talking about again)” mum called as she was entering d sitting room. Without thinking twice, I tried to change the topic; “Ikokore yin yi  dun sha o (this ikokore is sweet). I love this family!!!
My baby sister's chant of “abortion” woke me, stretching my phone towards me. “Let that be the last time you press my phone I told her while receiving the call. It was Kunle. I saved his name with “abortion” because that is what his friends call him from Abolore which is his third name. I just ended the call laughing. He isn’t interested in breaking up! He said that so we could move the relationship to the next level. This is a “Laugh out loud situation!  Well thanks for giving me the opportunity to be the one breaking up I said aloud while thinking this is supposedly my first experience of a guy breaking up with me o. Chai! yeye dey smell!!!

#Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment